Biohazard and Sewage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences and is extremely dangerous. A failure to properly remove such substances can contribute to unhealthy and dangerous environments. That is why you need to call a company like us here at SERVPRO of Hanover Township / Bear Creek. We are trained extensively to safely remove biohazards and dispose of them properly in accordance with OSHA and health regulations. You don't want someone with little training or experience to be dealing with dangerous biological and chemical contaminants near your home or business.
Equipped with the necessary safety apparatus and cleaning products, we can help transform these unhealthy environments back into clean, safe homes and offices.
Need Biohazard Cleanup? Call Us Today – (570) 822-4700
After any biohazard or sewage contamination in your home or business, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences.
- Flood water can contain sewage, pesticides, and other contaminants.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
What to Do After a Contamination
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening.
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
- Turn off the HVAC system if there is sewage damage.
What Not to Do After a Contamination
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don’t use television or other household appliances.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
24 Hour Emergency Service
Biohazards like flood water or sewer backups should be considered an emergency and dealt with as quickly as possible. SERVPRO of Hanover Township / Bear Creek has water damage restoration specialists and has specific training and expertise to safely remediate biohazard contaminants.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Mountain Top
- Hanover Township
- Jenkins Township
- Pittston Township
- Bear Creek
- Glen Lyon
- White Haven
- Sugar Notch
- Penn Lake Park
- Fairview Heights