If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (570) 822-4700

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Are you aware of the adverse affects mold has on you and your home?

5/5/2022 (Permalink)

Mold causes more potential harm to you and your home than you may realize. If mold is discovered within your property, you must take action immediately. Long-standing mold not only introduces potential health complications but also presents possible structural issues.

While mold can be found anywhere, it is often located in warm, humid environments. Temperatures around 70°F and a 24-48 hour period of moisture build-up are ideal conditions for growth. Even minor humidity imbalances can aid in the growth of mold, which is why a humidity of 30% to 50% is ideal for prevention. 

As mold grows, it feeds on and breaks down the organic matter of whatever materials it's growing on. When mold makes its way into your walls, carpeting, or insulation, the materials are often required to be removed. This also includes more personal belongings like clothing, sheets, or toys. Mold can be extremely difficult or even sometimes impossible to fully remove.

Strong musty odors that weren't common throughout your home previously could indicate that you have a hidden mold problem. Large build-ups of mold can begin to trigger "allergy-like" symptoms for the occupants of the property. Runny noses, irritated and itchy eyes, headaches, and even difficulty breathing can all be attributed to mold! If you suspect that your property may have a mold problem, call in the professionals ASAP!

Other News

View Recent Posts