If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (570) 822-4700

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Do you know what mold can do to you and your home?

5/13/2020 (Permalink)

Mold has the potential to be more dangerous to you and your family than many realize. After it is discovered it is in your best interest to get it remediated as soon as possible, long standing mold can cause both medical issues and even structural issues to your home. Warm, humid conditions are ideal for mold growth. Most molds need temperature of 70 degrees Fahrenheit and need 24-48 hours of moisture to begin to grow. Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth, to prevent this keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.

Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas. Mold spores thrive on moisture; therefore spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or on a pet. With all of this in mind it is important that you call and get your mold dealt with if you find any in your property.

Other News

View Recent Posts