If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (570) 822-4700

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Are you aware of the effects of mold on you and your home?

5/8/2021 (Permalink)

Mold beginning to grow on a wall and behind a small cabinet Know what growing mold looks like!

While seemingly innocent enough mold is actually much more potentially dangerous than you may know! If mold is discovered in your property is important to have it remediated as soon as possible, any long standing mold can introduce both health effects to occupants and even structural issues with the property itself. Warm humid environments is where mold can thrive, needing ideally a temperature of 70°F and 24-48 hours of soaking up moisture to begin growing. Even just slightly higher than normal humidity in your home can aid in the growth of mold, aiming to keep the indoor humidity below 45% helps fight back at possible growth.

Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas. Mold spores thrive on moisture; therefore spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or on a pet. With all of this in mind it is important that you call and get your mold dealt with if you find any in your property.

Other News

View Recent Posts