Recent Posts

Marine Corps 241st Birthday

1/29/2017 (Permalink)

Celebrate the 241st Birthday of the United States Marine Corps today with Co-owner of SERVPRO of Hanover township , Bear Creek, Carbon and NW Monroe Scott Wescoat. Scott was in the Marine Corps from 1996 - 2000 leaving at the rank of Corporal. Happy birthday Marine Corps! Semper Fidelis

Christmas 2016

12/27/2016 (Permalink)

Its that time of the year again, when decorations are up and the kids are waiting for morning to unwrap their gifts from Santa. We here at SERVPRO of Hanover township and BearCreek would like to wish you all a Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and have a Happy New Year!

Christmas 2016 Office Tree Decorating

12/18/2016 (Permalink)

We started decorating our office this week. Here is Jake decorating our office Christmas tree.

Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day 2016

12/7/2016 (Permalink)

Today marks the 75th anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor on December 7th, 1941. This is the event that brought forth the famous quote "A date that will live in infamy" by Franklin Roosevelt, and abruptly threw us into World War II. We celebrate the 7th of December every year as a day to remember those who fell all those many years ago and to remind them that their sacrifice did not go in vein. 

Mold Remediation

8/12/2016 (Permalink)

Mold Remediation Mold Remediation This photo was taken of a wall in a basement of a home. The home had a water damage even in the basement, and the mold grew from the moisture.

Mold needs to be remediated as soon as it is found because of the health and structural problems that mold causes. Warm, humid conditions are ideal for mold growth. Most molds need temperature of 70 degrees Fahrenheit and need 24-48 hours of moisture to begin to grow. Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth, to prevent this keep indoor humidity below 45 percent. Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas. Mold spores thrive on moisture; therefore spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or on a pet. If you find yourself with mold in your home or business, call SERVPRO of Hanover Twp/ Bear Creek to handle your situation.

Dry Ice Blasting

8/5/2016 (Permalink)

Cleaning Dry Ice Blasting The photo is of a technician using the dry ice blasting machine to remove soot and the smoke smell out of a house that caught in fire.

Dry ice blasting is a revolutionary blasting method that uses dry ice pellets as the blasting material. The actual dry-ice pellets are quite soft, and much less dense than other media used in blast-cleaning. The process is very environmentally friendly and provides a fast and effective alternative to traditional methods of cleaning industrial production equipment. It is a form of carbon dioxide cleaning, where dry ice, the solid form of carbon dioxide, is accelerated in a pressurized air stream and directed at a surface in order to clean it. Dry-ice blasting leaves no chemical residue as dry ice sublimates at room temperature. Through this process smoke and soot are eliminated from most surfaces. In this photo, dry ice blasting was being used to restore the wood foundation of a home that caught on fire.

Ultrasonic Content Cleaning

8/5/2016 (Permalink)

Ultrasonic cleaning is a process that uses ultrasound waves and an appropriate cleaning solvent to clean items. Here at SERVPRO we use the ultrasonic cleaner to restore content from any kind of damage. The ultrasonic cleaner is mainly used for content of water, fire, and mold jobs. The ultrasonic cleaner provides a more thorough cleaning than hand cleaning. This allows us to provide better deodorization of items and to clean very detailed items. The cleaner uses cavitation action to access the smallest crevices on an object. Small bubbles implode the object sending powerful shockwaves of pressure across the damaged or dirty object. The cleaner is so gentle a technician can place paper documents in a special container and remove smoke soot off the damaged paper without harming the document.

Prevent Electrical Fires in your Hanover Twp & Bear Creek Home

6/2/2016 (Permalink)

Fire Damage Prevent Electrical Fires in your Hanover Twp & Bear Creek Home House fire caused by an electric heater left plugged in.

Over 25,000 electrical fires are reported annually in the United States, resulting in death or injury to more than 1,300 people, according to the U.S Fire Administration. Home electrical fires result in greater dollar loss per fire than nonelectrical fires. Even more startling: almost all those fires could have been prevented by taking a few simple steps, including:

  • Electrical outlets: Check for loose fitting plugs, which can be a shock or fire hazard.

  • Plugs: Never force them into outlets; avoid overloading outlets with adapters and too many appliance plugs.

  • Cords:  Make sure they are not frayed or cracked, placed under carpets or rugs, or placed in high traffic areas. Do not nail or staple them to walls, floors or other objects.

  • Extension cords: Use them on a temporary basis only. They are not intended as permanent household wiring.

  • Circuit breakers/Fuses: Fuses should be properly rated for the circuit they are protecting. If you don’t know the correct rating, have an electrician identify and label the correct size to be used..

  • Appliances/Electronics: If an appliance repeatedly blows a fuse, trips a circuit breaker or has given you an electrical shock, immediately unplug it and have it repaired or replaced. Look for cracks or damage in wiring and connectors

  • Electrical wiring: Wiring defects are a major cause of residential blazes. Check periodically for loose wall receptacles, loose wires, or loose lighting fixtures

  • Service capacity: As you continue to upgrade your home with more lighting, appliances and electronics, your home’s electrical service capacity may become overburdened. If fuses blow or trip frequently, you may need to increase the capacity of your electrical service or add new branch circuits

Restoring Your Hanover Township/ Bear Creek Commercial Property After A Water Damage Event

5/16/2016 (Permalink)

Flooding and water damage events at Hanover Township/ Bear Creek commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.

Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges

Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.

About SERVPRO of Hanover Township/ Bear Creek

SERVPRO of Hanover Township/ Bear Creek specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.